Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Apple has work to do

  Recently, I've really been thinking about my love for the iPad 2, and realized it doesn't exist. I'm not saying that the iPad doesn't exist, I'm saying my love for it isn't there anymore. After using many different Android devices, I realized that the problem is with software updates. Apple simply isn't doing many things new with the iOS 5 for the iPad. I bought the iPad 2 with the expectation that iOS 5 would be a complete OS revamp, but iOS 5 was unveiled and didn't change a whole lot. Yes, I know that iOS 5 comes with notifications, browser updates, and other things, but when I turn on my iPad each morning, I will continue to see the same, dull thing.

  Why am I talking about this? Because I'm switching to an Android tablet, specifically the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and Apple needs to make some changes soon if they want me back when the next iPad is released. They cannot continue to use the same boring home screen design that they've been using since 2007 with the original iPhone. I love the use of widgets on Android, it makes everything a lot less dull. I also really like the live wallpapers, another thing iOS doesn't have. I know that they shouldn't copy Android, but they need to make some big changes soon. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment